Part 2 of 3: Styling for an Event
1. Consider your styling needs and situation. Why are you styling your hair? Are you going to Prom? Meeting your girlfriend's parents? Just want cool hair? Make the look match the situation.
2. Use quality products. If you started using cheap products for your daily style, you may want to consider springing for better quality products for your special occasion. Cheap products are more likely to cause build-up or undesired effects such as making your hair look either too dry or too oily.
3. Ask for input. If you are going to a formal event, such as prom or a wedding (as a guest or a member of the wedding party), you may want to ask someone for styling help for the event. A professional stylist, a parent, or even your date may be able to offer suggestions for what would look nice on you.
4. Make everything crisp and neat. The most important aspect of your special-event hairstyle is that it should look like you spent time trying to make your hair look perfect.
5. Make a “refresher” plan. If the even that you are attending is going to last more than an hour or two, you may need to refresh your hair to keep it looking neat. This can be as simple as keeping a small comb in your inside jacket pocket, wetting it in the men’s room, and running it through your hair. This will likely re-activate your styling product (particularly hair gel) and can help you make it to the end of the event still looking snazzy.